At Sailo, we are very concerned about safety. Therefore, every renter must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age
2. Have a current and valid ID
3. Possess a mobile phone so that you can be reached through messaging.Back
In order to be able to rent on Sailo, you would need to create an account and complete verification by going to Personal Profile > Verification. A verified email address is required for bookings. It also allows our staff to securely communicate with you regarding your account.Back
Short Answer: No, unless you want to rent a bareboat!
When you search for a boat rental on Sailo, use the advanced filter Crew to select one of the three options:
- Captain included. If you choose a captained boat rental, you don’t need a licence. You just show up at the marina, get on board, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
- Captain optional. For these boat rentals you have an option to select an experienced licensed captain for hire as Optional Extra. Once again, all you need to do is go at the marina, get on board and relax!
- Bareboat. The captain is not included in the price and also not available for hire. You will be responsible to drive the boat and to make sure you are following the law. Boating license requirements vary from state to state and country to country. In order to be covered by Sailo insurance,
Please review the rules and regulations of the US state or country to make sure you are operating in accordance with the law. For US check state requirements regarding license and/or certification on USCG State Boating Laws. For any other location in the world, check with the appropriate authorities in respective country.
Once you've determined your eligibility to rent a bareboat, make sure your Boating Resume includes the required certifications needed for driving your boat rental.